Top Five Ways to Get the Greatest Benefit While You Stay in Place.
ARVO Realtor Advisors
There are many things that you can do as a small business owner during the Coronavirus Stay in Place.The one thing you don’t want to do, is waste this valuable opportunity. Look at it like a “Staycation”
1. Processes. How many times have you wished you had time to document your company’s processes?This is a great opportunity to document and refine your processes. As your team members change and new people join your organization, documenting your processes can eliminate or reduce the time required to restart and train your personnel-making your entire team more effective and efficient. This can be an extremely good use of your time, and you will be glad you did it.
2. Training. What a great opportunity to train and retrain your personnel! Look for training tools and ways that you can help your team do their jobs better and bring greater value to your customers.
3. Personal CEO Development. This is a great opportunity to enhance your knowledge around your industry so you can become known as an expert. Keep a positive attitude. You no longer have the excuse of not having time to read, or focus on self-help videos and resources. Do those things you have been promising to do. Get your workout routine started (again). Look at this like a caterpillar in a cocoon. They emerge, as a beautiful butterfly. Take this time to work on yourself and when you emerge, you will be a beautiful and more powerfully engaged leader; stronger for yourself, family and company.
4. Pick up the phone. Not just to text, email or get on social media. Pick up the phone to call someone!Recently I spoke to my daughter about this.” Hey, this is your dad, how are you? I was just thinking about you and your sister and brother and wanted to call and say I love you and I’m so proud of the young people you have turned out to be. Call me back I want to hear your voice”. Call someone.It makes a big difference when you call and they hear your voice, and you hear theirs. You can encourage them, and they can encourage you. By the way, tell someone that you love them, tell your clients that you appreciate their business and that you will be there for them.
5. Look at how you can reduce cost. This is an excellent opportunity to look at every line item on your profit and loss statement and determine how you can avoid, reduce or eliminate cost during this challenging time.Is there an expense that you don’t need temporarily? Are there any expenses you can eliminate? Do you have contracts in place that you can now renegotiate for a reduced rate for period of time? This is a great opportunity to be creative and innovative to keep your business afloat until we get through this uncharted time. We will get through this. We will come out stronger and better than ever!
We understand that two of your largest expense items are your payroll and your facility lease costs. We have a commercial real estate Lease Relief Program designed to help small businesses. Contact our office if you need this assistance
- Marketing in Turbulent Times - June 4, 2020
- Don’t Waste This Time - June 4, 2020
- Business Tips on How to Survive the Virus - June 3, 2020